EFC Fitness Health Diabetes Educator Certification
*Diabetes Prevention Management – ADA Approved*
Erin’s Fitness Club wants to help bring awareness, education and support to the community regarding the diabetes epidemic. This program will teach you how to be a successful diabetes educator, organize events within your community and have access to catalog placement with EFC partnerships which include: corporations, hospitals, schools and community centers. This program may be used as continued education credit to meet current licensing needs, benefit a current profession or enhance the development of a business in an innovative way.
Our Mission To Give!
A portion of money raised from all of our programs goes to the sick and poor with diabetes. Our partnership with The American Diabetes Association, local schools and hospitals gives us the opportunity to supply families with medication, food, health and fitness education.
By taking this course, students will have the ability to gain the knowledge in both health, fitness and diabetes to become educators for their community. Moreover, this program will enable students to work on their networking skills and also help identify opportunities in their professional future.
❖ Reading assignments
- All readings are related to health, fitness, chronic disease and career development online
- Quizzes at the end of each chapter online
❖ Lectures and tutorials via video include:
- 7 steps- to educating in wellness
- College Diabetes Network Educator Opportunity; see link for details ➢Event programming as an educator for hospitals, community centers and colleges
❖ Final Assignment:
- Students will be required to film a 3-minute educational video demonstrating how to be a successful educator within the community
Schedule & Fees:
- Four week duration to complete this course
- Course price: $179
- Renewal price: EFC educator’s price only $99
- Must teach course at least one time within the last year to a group of five or more participants to keep certification active